Terms of Service
Purpose and scope
This service is offered jointly by Albany Students’ Association (ASA), Massey University Students' Association Palmerston North (MUSA) and Massey at Wellington Students' Association (MAWSA).
Jointly we respect the privacy of individuals and comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person). These terms set out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information. These terms do not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see privacy.org.nz. We may change these terms by uploading revised terms onto the website. Any changes will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
For the purposes of the Privacy Act 2020 the agency that is collecting and holding your personal information is: Albany Students’ Association Incorporated (ASA), Level 2, Student Central, Massey University Auckland Campus, Albany, Auckland,0632, and:
- If you sign up as Class Advocate for any distance courses or Manawatu internal courses, your personal information will be shared with Massey University Students' Association Palmerston North (MUSA), Student Services Building, Turitea Campus, Palmerston North, 4442.
- If you sign up as Class Advocate for any courses delivered on the Wellington campus, your personal information will be shared with Massey at Wellington Students' Association (MAWSA), Student Services Trust Building Block 9, Level C, 63 Wallace Street, Massey University Wellington, 6021.
Personal information collection and sharing
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly. We collect personal information about you from:
- You, when you sign up on this website
- When you utilise any of our services in person or via online platforms
- If you contact us directly via telephone, email, or other similar methods
- Third parties where you have given us authorisation to do so or where this information is publicly available
- When you sign up to or attend one of our events or workshops
- When you participate in our surveys or competitions
Personal information that we collect may include:
- Student ID
- Contact Information – email, phone etc
- Courses that you are studying
By using our services, you agree that all information you submit, upload, display or post to our services or website (and that we collect about you) is accurate.
Using your personal information
- We will use your personal information
- To verify your identity and enrolment status at Massey University to confirm eligibility
- To contact you regarding Student Association services
- To provide Association services to you
- To respond to communications from you, including any complaints
- To conduct surveys
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Access to your personal information
Access within the Associations to your personal information will be limited to the respective staff members and executive members who require it to do their jobs.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Massey University staff provided you have authorised this
- Massey University students who need to contact you as there Class Advocate
- Any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system, data centre, or cloud-based service that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- Any other person authorised by the Act or another law
- Any other person authorised by you
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. Where your personal information is stored in a cloud-based service, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that they have adequate security and privacy safeguards. You are responsible for keeping any passwords that you use to sign on to our online platforms confidential and must not share them with anyone else.
How long we keep your personal information
You authorise us to hold your data for our purposes and to provide you with services and we will retain this data unless you contact us to ask for your account to be deleted.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You can update some of your personal information, by signing into your profile and updating it yourself. You have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
Contacting the Associations about your personal information